Are you in need of Community Service Hours? Individuals each year have to volunteer so many service hours for a variety of reasons. Students who are often are in need service hours. College Students who are benefiting from TN Promise Students, TN ACHIEVES, and some scholarships are often in need of volunteer community service hours. Also there are those who are required to fulfill court-mandated community service hours. Maybe you just have time to spare and you are looking to make a difference? Whatever your reason may be, Consider volunteering with Action Church!
Action Church located in East Ridge has several areas where you can serve so that you can get those needed community service hours when you need them. We have worked with several individuals to get the service hours they need when they need them. Here are just a few of those opportunities and areas in which you can serve an get the hours your need listed below.
1. The East Ridge Community Clothes Closet - Volunteers to sort, wash, and fold clothes. Volunteers to set up for upcoming clothes closets and work even the day of the clothes closet. And if you are in need of clothes, we can help with that too.
2. The East Ridge Community Food Pantry - Action Church partners with a local community food pantry. There are volunteer opportunities to stock shelves, help pick up and unload donations, help set up for food pantry days, etc. And if you are in need of food, they can help with that too.
3. East Ridge Helping Neighbors - Action Church is partnering with a new group in East Ridge that are helping neighbors in east ridge on a case by case basis to help with yard work or home repairs.
4. Nursing Home Action Group - We have a nursing home ministry where we go in to a local nursing home each month to worship with them and just visit with the people.
5. We have other things such as special events, and maintenance, lawn care, and cleaning here at the church.
We want to help you get your hours and in return you help us in one of these areas.
If you are interested in volunteering and/or working off your service hours with Action Church please contact us at FOURTWOTHREE-567-4547 or email us thru craigslist. Thank You.
There are many benefits to participating in community service; some of the most common are listed below:
Gives you an opportunity to help others
Helps you gain experience and new skills
Helps improve your community
Chance to make new friends
Can cause personal growth
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers