QR Code Link to This Post
If you own your tractor and are looking for a stable, local freight opportunity, take a look at the new weekly pay and excellent advantages Florida Rock & Tank Lines offers!
CDL-A Independent Contractors will be delivering petroleum products to commercial and industrial customers in the Southeast region. In addition to stable freight, we offer a comprehensive independent contractor / owner operator support program designed so you can succeed in safety, maintenance and profitability in your business.
Why Join the FRTL Team?
- Average up to $3,100 / week (varies by location)
- 68% of linehaul pay
- Home Daily!
- Multi-Driver/Tractor opportunities
- Comprehensive Benefits Program offered by 3rd party
- Very stable, essential year-round freight
- Tank truck industry leader
- PeopleNet tanker workflow & electronic logs
- Discounted fuel & tires
- Permit and fuel tax filing
- No cost auto liability insurance while under dispatch
- Operate under FRTL DOT authority
- Parking at FRTL terminal or approved domicile location
- 100% Fuel Surcharge
- Weekly settlements
- Tractor age not to exceed 10 years
- Must be in compliance with DOT Annual Inspection criteria
- No frame modifications
- Exhaust system mufflers and heat shields
- Professional appearance
- Windshields and cab must be free of accessories which obstructs driver’s vision
- Maximum 20,000lbs including driver and fuel
- Highest point not to exceed 11’6”
- Wheelbase of 185” to 220”
- ECM set at 65mph maximum speed
Independent Contractor / Owner Operator CDL-A Truck Driver Eligibility:
- You must have a minimum of 1 years of verifiable tractor-trailer experience within the last 3 years
- Only the owner of the tractor or authorized drivers are allowed to drive the IC tractor.
- You must have a Class A CDL with the ability to obtain Tanker (N) and Hazmat (H) or a combination (X) endorsement
- You must have no more than 2 moving violations or 2 at-fault accidents within the last 3 years. No more than a combination of 1 moving violation and 1 at-fault accident within the last 3 years.
- You cannot have any suspensions of your license for more than 30 days within the last 3 years
- You must be proficient enough in English to understand highway traffic signs and signals, respond to official inquiries, make entries on reports and records, and converse with the public.
- No DUI, OWI, or DWI within the past 10 years
- You must never have tested positive for drugs or alcohol while working for a previous employer or lease carrier
- You must have no record of refusal to take a drug or alcohol test