engine displacement (CC): 248 fuel: gas odometer: 20854 paint color: yellow title status: clean transmission: manual
QR Code Link to This Post
I have rode this bike for the last three years as a commuter. Got usually 55 mpg at its lowest and 70 mpg at its highest. Just rode it an hour down the highway this week. It rides and runs fine. It’s rough, but it runs. Never had left me stranded. I’ve gotten myself a newer bike earlier this year and don’t have much of a use for it anymore. Has a clean title.
It most definitely has its problems, though. The clutch handle rattles a little at speed. One of the kickstand’s captive nuts broke free and I can’t weld, so the kickstand is missing. It has a factory center stand that I’ve used. I slid it at about 15 mph in a corner about 2 years ago where it bent the forks and ripped apart a lot of the plastics, but I got the parts bike to replace the broken bits.
For storage I bolted two 40mm ammo cans to the side. They are attached directly to the frame and passenger peg mounts. All bolts use rubber washers to keep the cans weather-proof. They lock with eye bolts on the back side and flip open towards the front. All wrenching points for the mounts and locking points are inside, so they couldn’t be much more secure.
I did run it naked for awhile with the a 7” lamp, small windshield, and correctly matched speedometer. (They are at the top of one of the parts bins.) I used sections of the harness from the parts bike, so the speedo and lights using factory plugs. And the speedo does have warning lights wired. The bar mirrors are still on the bike from when I had it naked. I use the stock mirrors for wider vision and the bar mirrors for blind spots at the moment.
Had a new SK chain and sprockets put on last year about 3k miles ago at stock gearing. Bridgestone BT-45s put on about 2k miles ago. Valve clearances were done about every 1500 miles since I got it. Oil changes at 500 miles. (Originally used the Rotel Synthetic that was compliant with MA2 requirements, then switched to Motel Power1 Synthetic about 2 oil changes ago.) Chain was lived bi-weekly with Maxima product. Both front and back break pads were changed late last year with Vesrah pads. It had new NGK plugs put in about 5k miles ago. New grips about 2 years ago from Progrip. Has a Sylvania XtremeVision bulb in the headlight. Rear shock replaced with a used OEM Ninja 300 shock.
This is the bike I learned to ride on day in and day out. It’s had its scratches and mistakes. I’ve done my best to correct any problems as it’s been my only transportation for awhile, but it’s time to see if it can find a new home. I parked it in about February and only run it for a few times since. It has had Sta-Bil in the tank and been on a battery tender when not in use.
The parts bike is a 2001, I believe, and does not have a title. It was mostly complete before I started harvesting parts off of it for the yellow bike. The parts bike will be coming with it as I won’t have any more need for it.
Please text me with any questions.
do NOT contact me with unsolicited services or offers